The Dalian Naval Academy is designated very high risk due to its work training naval personnel and its research into various forms of maritime technology.
The Dalian Naval Academy is one of the main training colleges for junior officers and cadets in the PLA Navy.https://web.archive.org/save/http:/www.81.cn/jwzl/2017-06/09/content_7748194.htm The academy focuses on maritime navigation technology, communications engineering, electronic information engineering, weapons systems engineering, surveying and control science.https://web.archive.org/web/20190716032039/http:/www.81.cn/jwzl/2017-06/09/content_7748194_2.htm
Scientists from the Dalian Naval Academy produce publications on a variety of defence topics, including:
- Differential global positioning systems (DGPS) for precision naval weapons;蔡畅; 李晓芳; 孙东彦; 魏波, 舰艇武器系统试航试验时空一致性处理方法, 舰船电子工程, 38:7 (2018), pp. 106-10, available from http://kns.cnki.net.rp.nla.gov.au//KXReader/Detail?TIMESTAMP=637074196689836250&DBCODE=CJFD&TABLEName=CJFDLAST2018&FileName=JCGC201807026&RESULT=1&SIGN=54%2b2kS9JyvNYmZmw%2bY1TUF6aZgo%3d
- Smokescreens for defence against anti-ship missiles;于夫; 宋宁涛; 赵威; 陈戎, 舰载烟幕对抗红外成像制导导弹的布设方法研究, 舰船电子对抗, 33:5 (2010), pp. 28-31, http://kns.cnki.net.rp.nla.gov.au//KXReader/Detail?TIMESTAMP=637074220256086250&DBCODE=CJFD&TABLEName=CJFD2010&FileName=JCDZ201005007&RESULT=1&SIGN=nb5bdpoxxqvFP5At5TdjhezRhtQ%3d
- Naval electronic warfare systems; 饶建国; 董金鑫, 舰艇编队海上通信对抗分析, 舰船电子对抗, 26:5 (2003), pp. 4-6, available from http://gb.oversea.cnki.net.rp.nla.gov.au/kcms/detail/detail.aspx?QueryID=3&CurRec=12&DbCode=CJFD&dbname=CJFD2003&filename=JCDZ200305001&uid=WEEvREcwSlJHSldRa1FhdkJkVG5heFhpNzZ5djRFamtDbGRpbXlwMkNuWT0=$9A4hF_YAuvQ5obgVAqNKPCYcEjKensW4IQMovwHtwkF4VYPoHbKxJw!!
- Underwater acoustics;吴培荣; 夏志军; 章新华; 康春玉, 典型舰艇编队条件下水声对抗模型及其效果, 火力与指挥控制, 33:6 (2008), pp. 74-77 http://gb.oversea.cnki.net.rp.nla.gov.au/kcms/detail/detail.aspx?QueryID=3&CurRec=11&DbCode=CJFD&dbname=CJFD2008&filename=HLYZ200806020&uid=WEEvREcwSlJHSldRa1FhdkJkVG5heFhpNzZ5djRFamtDbGRpbXlwMkNuWT0=$9A4hF_YAuvQ5obgVAqNKPCYcEjKensW4IQMovwHtwkF4VYPoHbKxJw!!
- Anti-submarine warfare. 王洪胜; 郭传福; 王书齐; 王楠; 苏琦, 水面舰艇对潜直线往返巡逻搜索方案优选, 兵器装备工程学报, 37:12 (2016), pp. 31-34 http://kns.cnki.net.rp.nla.gov.au//KXReader/Detail?TIMESTAMP=637074211388898750&DBCODE=CJFD&TABLEName=CJFDLAST2017&FileName=CUXI201612007&RESULT=1&SIGN=yU6gtL7P%2fOVasxCXnkQf9IMVKNI%3d
Noteworthy international collaborations
The Royal New Zealand Navy welcomed the PLA Navy’s Zhenghe training vessel to the Davenport naval base on 2 December 2016, during which time the Superintendent of the Dalian Naval Academy, Rear Admiral Yuan Zhengmin, met with Chief of the Royal New Zealand Navy, Rear Admiral John Martin. While ashore, PLA-N personnel were said to have engaged in ‘exchange activities’ with counterparts in the Royal New Zealand Navy.https://web.archive.org/web/20190716033950/http:/english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2016-12/05/content_7392681.htm
Chinese state media claim that the Dalian Naval Academy is certified by institutions such as the International Federation of Surveyors, the International Cartographic Association and the International Hydrography Organization.http://archive.ph/93rYt
Personnel from the Dalian Naval Academy have also collaborated with international scientific organisations and researchers in various engineering disciplines. Lei Wang and Tao Sun of the Dalian Naval Academy’s Department of Naval Armaments co-authored a book chapter on radar receiver noise display simulation in ‘Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Mechanics and Materials Science’ held in Guangzhou. The editor of the book, Tao Chin-wang, is from the National Ilan University in Taiwan,https://books.google.com.au/books?id=P-Y7DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false while other foreign contributors to the volume include Pierre Ruterana of France who wrote on nitride semiconductors.https://books.google.com.au/books?id=P-Y7DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=Pierre%20Ruterana&f=false
Last updated 25 November 2019. Unclear about any wording? Visit the terminology page.