The PLA Navy Medical University is designated very high risk for its subordination to the PLA-N.
The PLA Navy Medical University, formerly known as the Second Military Medical University, was established in 1951 as a university focussed on medical research for the Chinese military.http://archive.ph/Lz7KH
Major defence laboratories
The PLA Navy Medical University is engaged in a range of military research that extends across a range of military universities, including the following:http://archive.ph/X53S1
- State Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology (医学免疫学国家重点实验室)http://archive.ph/ajgWZ
- MOE Key Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology (分子神经生物学教育部重点实验室)http://archive.ph/D7fo7#selection-767.1-767.16
- Shanghai Key Laboratory of Medical Bioprotection (上海市医学生物防护重点实验室)http://archive.ph/fdQV6
- Shanghai Key Laboratory of Cell Engineering (上海市细胞工程重点实验室)http://archive.ph/I1Poe
- National Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology (医学免疫学国家重点实验室)http://archive.ph/Iqnfw
- Shanghai Oceanic Bureau Marine Biomedical Engineering Technology Research Center (上海市海洋局海洋生物医药工程技术研究中心)http://archive.ph/ZSEP3
- Shanghai Cell Therapy Engineering Technology Research Center (上海细胞治疗工程技术研究中心)http://archive.ph/v2UUP
Noteworthy international collaborations
The Navy Medical University has established exchanges and cooperative relationships with several overseas medical institutions, including the University of Cambridge Medical School, the Cleveland Medical Center, the University of Queensland, and the Royal Thai Army Medical School.http://archive.ph/Lz7KH The Navy Medical University has also engaged in exchanges with a number of African countries, after the PLAN hospital ship known as the Peace Ark (岱山岛) in 2017 traveled to Africa to provide free medical services to several African nations, according to official PRC state media.http://archive.ph/31xpJ
Last updated 25 November 2019. Unclear about any wording? Visit the terminology page.