North China Institute of Aerospace Engineering (NCIAE) is designated very high risk for its close relationship with Chinese missile manufacturers and focus on defence research.
NCIAE specialises aerospace technology and engineering.https://web.archive.org/web/20190530024956/http://www.nciae.edu.cn/xxgk/xxjj.htm ; https://web.archive.org/web/20180813132127/http://nciae.edu.cn/xxgk/xzhyc.htm The university is primarily run by the Hebei Provincial Government, together with the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), and China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC).
NCIAE appears to be a major training center for CASC and CASIC, state-owned defence conglomerates that dominate China’s missile and satellite sector. NCIAE runs at least two research and development centres with CASC and was involved in the development of the Shenzhou spacecraft, Long March rockets and the DFH-5 satellite platform.
In 2003, the Hebei Provincial Government, CASC and CASIC signed an agreement to jointly support NCIAE (pictured below, courtesy of NCIAE).https://web.archive.org/web/20190310194748/http://www.nciae.edu.cn/xxgk/lsyg.htm
The university holds secret-level security credentials.ttps://web.archive.org/web/20190530025738/http://www.nciae.edu.cn/info/1121/1901.htm
Major defence laboratories
- Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing Craft Research and Development Center (航天工程制造工艺研发中心)
- Jointly established with CASC’s China Academy of Space Technologyhttps://web.archive.org/web/20190530025942/http://jszy.nciae.edu.cn/info/1043/18294.htm
- Electrical Craft Engineering Technology Research and Development Center (电子工艺工程技术研究中心)https://web.archive.org/web/20190530030412/http://kjc.nciae.edu.cn/info/1026/3337.htm
- Jointly established with CASC’s China Academy of Aerospace Electronics Technology (中国航天电子技术研究院)
Designated defence research areas
- Aviation and spaceflight science and technology
- Military-use computer application technologyhttps://web.archive.org/web/20181111020155/http://www.nciae.edu.cn/xxgk/xxjj.htm
Noteworthy international collaborations
NCIAE lists Germany’s Regensburg University of Applied Sciences, the UK’s Wolverhampton University, the United States’ St Martin’s University and Ukraine’s National Aerospace University as some of its international partners.https://web.archive.org/web/20190530024956/http://www.nciae.edu.cn/xxgk/xxjj.htm The university has established friendly relations with various institutions in countries affiliated with the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). NCIAE runs a teacher andstudent exchange program with the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia.https://web.archive.org/web/20191115220520/http://www.eol.cn/e_gx/df/hebei/html/2019gzb/nciae/index.html
Last updated 18 November 2019. Unclear about any wording? Visit the terminology page.